Monday 15 August 2011

Its NEVER too late




I have always hated going to school. I remember making any excuses I could possibly use just to skip school. I do not want to blame anyone apart from myself but if I am going to be brutally honest, I believed having no parents near me made such a big impact why I didn't feel encouraged to study well.

I grew up with just my older brother. My Mum have always worked abroad to provide us a better lifestyle. I remember being so spoiled and now I wonder how did my Mother cope with my endless requests and demands? I don't know! Bless her! My Mum is such a wonderful Mother. I wouldn't dare to change the fact that she is my Mother. She always put her children first and even until now, every time I have a problem, I can always count on her. Thanks Mum!

But sadly when I was younger, her being amazing didn't really appeal to me that much and I know its down to my immaturity (not a bad excuse eiy). Well I know we've all been through those phases and I am pretty sure that all of us have some regrets from the past, come on be true to yourself :)

I couldn't even believed I managed to finished high school. I remember being very excited on my graduation. I feel like I have accomplished something really big. Well it was so big for me because after all those amounting absences, I pulled it off. How shocking is that? :)

Anyway after graduating from high school (secondary) I took an exam for accounting course. Unfortunately my high marks on Math didn't help me get through. I failed my English exam miserably and that is why the lady advised me to take another course which is Hotel and Restaurant Management. Looking back, I am pretty d@mn sure she pushed me as opposed of advised me, how is Math and English strongly connected with HRM, I wonder? Baking and Cooking etc yeah right. Count and Measure.. that will do.

Well I still took “that” course and what else would you expect? Of course, I didn't finish the course, I don't feel enthusiastic enough. I got bored of it and it got me thinking and realized that I don’t belong there. I know it was not what I really wanted to do. I want something to do with calculations not a blinking cooking and baking. Anyway I stopped my studies and started a part time job as a crew member. It didn't really help that I had a job and earning a bit of money, it made me think, why bother studying if you could earn now. What a stupid thinking eiy!

Oh well, I finally came to my senses and I thought I still want to study but this time, I want to take a computer course. I enrolled and was lucky enough to get in. I had a fab life because I enjoyed it and I met few friends and still in touch with one of them. - Kiss the feet Pangga! Its ashamed I still didn't manage to finish it because of lack of interest I supposed or maybe lack of support from family (sorry!). I felt alone and yes, sad, very sad indeed! I felt weak and useless and having a boyfriend didn't really help as I focus myself more with my ex boyfriend than my lessons :). Silly me!

Anyway as time passed by, everyone I am friends with from my previous course are all getting a degree and there I was, still didn't know what to do with my life. Yet another years has passed and I decided to go back to study again and took a new course :) Please don't laugh! It's not really funny hahahaha..

I took Management and can you guess? Yes! You are right! I didn't finish it. But wait a minute. There is a valid reason this time. I actually got married :) I joined my husband and we had a beautiful baby girl a year after we got married so obviously studying is no longer my priority. I got a job just 3 weeks after I joined my husband. Job is OK. Gives you a bit of money and I learned a lot and still learning... I met few wonderful people whom I will never forget but its now been 7 years and ooopppsss I can't say no more :)

My daughter is now 6 years old. She is growing so fast and every time I look at her I can't help but asked myself. What can I possibly do to make her life even better than now? And there's only one answer to that. I knew I needed to go back to study and get a proper qualifications. This time I am not going to do it because I have to. This time I will do it because I want to and so I went back to college and took a course about computer and passed it. Although it didn't help me get a new job, I still believed it is a good start. It is going to be my way to a better future. I also took English but got bored so I asked politely to dropped out but I was told I can actually take the exam straight away and so I did and luckily I passed :). Last year, I finished level 2 in Accounting and this year I am going to continue it to diploma level.

I wonder, if I happen to get the chance to take accounting course after high school, would I have finished it? I don't know but I can only assume I will :)

Today I can see some young adult in a similar situation as I was before and I can't help but feel sad. I wouldn't want to tell them what to do as I myself didn't do it and I don't have the courage to do so but I hope it will still come to a point where they will decide to go back to study and get some qualifications and I honestly hope that when that time comes, they will still be able to do it.

Now, I struggle to juggle my time and responsibility as a Mother, a wife, a part time worker and a part time student. I struggle financially, physically, mentally and emotionally. But this time I am determined to finished what I have started because you know why...

IT'S NEVER TOO LATE.

No comments: